Support for Animal Care Professionals
The human-animal bond is a beautiful thing. If you’re an animal caregiver, animal lover, or someone who’s devoted your life to helping animals, you know the joy and satisfaction of working with animals. And, chances are you also know that witnessing animal suffering, abuse, and neglect creates emotional distress that can be overwhelming, especially when you are unable to save the animals in your care.
AndriaCorso & Co. offers services to help animal caregivers manage the emotional toll of their work so they can continue to care for and save the animals.
What do we do?
We work with teams and organizations to help maintain your staff’s well-being so you can continue to serve your animal patients most effectively. We do this in the following manner:
- Research: using Andria’s background in research, pet loss, stress management, burnout, and compassion fatigue we gather data on your specific organization and team regarding their stress levels, compassion fatigue experiences, and general well-being.
- Recommend: based on research results, we make recommendations to enhance the current well-being of your team and organization.
- Implement: we provide support for implementation of the recommended enhancements.
For example, recommendations may include:
- Compassion Fatigue and Stress Management Training
- Organizational enhancements such as “Breathe and Restore Space” for staff to recharge during a stressful day, or specific policy and procedural guidelines to better support and maintain staff well-being and organizational effectiveness.
- On-site or on-call emotional support for teams and individuals.
We also offer support to individuals who are grieving the loss of their beloved pet, or anticipating the loss of an aging or ill pet. Even if you aren’t the owner of the pet, you can experience grief associated with losing an animal for whom you’ve provided care.
Through a partnership with VetVine, LLC., Andria facilitates pet loss and grief support groups. Please visit VetVine’s webpage to access more information on these groups and register to attend an upcoming session.